How to Watch Videos on the iPad With the Kindle App
The iPad Kindle app enables you to read Kindle books and view supplemental multimedia content on your tablet, but your choices are limited to e-books that include the supplemental video content. You cannot simply purchase a movie from Amazon and view the video on your device using the Kindle app. However, you can watch Amazon instant videos on the iPad with the free Amazon Instant Video app. Download the app directly to the device using the App Store, or download and install the app from the iTunes Store.
- Kindle App
- Open a browser and log and in to your Amazon account
- Open a new tab
- Click the title to purchase
- Open the Manage Your Kindle page
- Click the Deliver To My option
- Click the Deliver icon
- Launch the Kindle app on your iPad
- Amazon Instant Video
- Open the Amazon Instant Video page
- Download and install the free Amazon Instant Video app
- Swipe to scroll through TV shows and movie titles
- Tap a title
- Tap the Add to Watchlist icon
- Watch icon to watch the selected video on your iPad
1 Kindle App
2 Open a browser and log and in to your Amazon account
Open a browser and log in to your Amazon account.
3 Open a new tab
Open a new tab, then browse to the “Kindle Editions with Audio-Video” page to view the available multimedia content for Kindle (see Resources).
4 Click the title to purchase
Click the title to purchase, then complete the purchase using Buy Now with 1-Click, or click “Add to Cart," then step through the manual payment process to purchase the content, if required.
5 Open the Manage Your Kindle page
Open the “Manage Your Kindle” page after the purchase is complete, then click the “Actions” drop-down menu.
6 Click the Deliver To My option
Click the “Deliver To My” option, then click the name of your iPad from the list.
7 Click the Deliver icon
Click the “Deliver” icon to send the content to the Kindle app on your iPad.
8 Launch the Kindle app on your iPad
Launch the Kindle app on your iPad, then tap the title to open the content. View the video content from the Kindle app.
9 Amazon Instant Video
10 Open the Amazon Instant Video page
Open the Amazon Instant Video page, browse the titles, then purchase your selection. The selection is placed in your Amazon Instant Video library.
11 Download and install the free Amazon Instant Video app
Download and install the free Amazon Instant Video app from iTunes or the App Store, then launch the app on the iPad.
12 Swipe to scroll through TV shows and movie titles
Swipe to scroll through TV shows and movie titles, or tap the “Browse” drop-down menu, then tap a category to view titles in the selected category.
13 Tap a title
Tap a title to open the details page for the movie or show.
14 Tap the Add to Watchlist icon
Tap the “Add to Watchlist” icon to add the video to your Amazon watchlist. You can also tap “Watch Trailer” to view the trailer from the app, or tap “Download” to download and save the video to your tablet. Tap “Library” to view your acquired instant videos in your Amazon Instant Video library.
15 Watch icon to watch the selected video on your iPad
Tap “Watch” icon to watch the selected video on your iPad.
- Information provided in these steps applies to the Kindle App for iOS 7 and the Amazon Instant Video App, version 2.2. Instructions may vary slightly or significantly for other versions of the software.
- Note that you cannot purchase Amazon Instant Videos from within the apps. You must first log in to your Amazon account to purchase video content. Once the video is purchased, the content is immediately available to the Amazon Instant Video app on the iPad. You can then download the video or stream it to your device.