How to Transfer a Magazine to Kindle Fire
You can purchase single editions or entire subscriptions of your favorite magazines for your Kindle Fire HDX through the Newsstand Store on the device, or the Kindle Store at Amazon's website. They'll download automatically to your Home screen or content library immediately after purchase or release. If you already have a print subscription, you can transfer the Kindle version to your device, or load individual issues through PDF transfer.
- Link an Existing Subscription
- Tap Newsstand
- Select a verification method
- Sign up for access
- Manually Sync Your Content
- Swipe the Home screen downward
- Select Settings .''
- Tap Sync All Content .''
- Transfer PDF Issues
- Connect your Kindle Fire
- Open the Kindle
- Locate the magazine PDF on your hard drive
- Disconnect your Kindle from the computer
1 Link an Existing Subscription
2 Tap Newsstand
Tap "Newsstand" on the Home screen. Select a magazine to link and tap "Verify Your Subscription to Get the Kindle Edition for Free."
3 Select a verification method
Select a verification method. "Account Number" requires the number printed on the magazine's mailing label, or in the confirmation email of your subscription. "Mailing Address" is the exact address on your mailing label, and "Login Information" is the email address and password for your online magazine account, if applicable.
4 Sign up for access
Sign up for access to the magazine's publisher online. Enter a valid email address and create a password for online access.
5 Manually Sync Your Content
6 Swipe the Home screen downward
Swipe the Home screen downward from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings menu.
7 Select Settings .''
8 Tap Sync All Content .''
Tap "Sync All Content." Your Kindle will connect to your Amazon account and download any content not already on your device.
9 Transfer PDF Issues
10 Connect your Kindle Fire
Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer via the micro-USB cord. Your Fire will appear as an external hard drive under the "My Computer" folder.
11 Open the Kindle
Open the Kindle to view folders and files. Double-click the "Internal Storage" folder.
12 Locate the magazine PDF on your hard drive
Locate the magazine PDF on your hard drive. Drag the file into the Kindle's "Documents" folder.
13 Disconnect your Kindle from the computer
Disconnect your Kindle from the computer. Tap "Documents" on your Kindle to access the transferred PDF.
- You may not receive new downloads if your Kindle has a weak network connection. Check the signal indicator in the upper right corner of your screen for your current wireless connection strength. Wait for a stronger signal or connect to a Wi-Fi network to try again.
- As with any other computerized device, the first step in troubleshooting is to reboot. Perform a hard restart by holding the Power key for 20 seconds, then turning it back on.