How to Block Facebook on an iPad
You can block access to Facebook on your iPad by preventing access to the Facebook website on Safari, blocking the Safari app and preventing the Facebook app's installation. Your iPad’s Restrictions or Parental Controls utility have the settings to block access to Facebook. To manage the settings in the Restrictions utility you are required to set up a passcode -- which you must enter before you can make changes to the utility’s settings.
- Block Safari
- Tap the Settings icon
- Select Restrictions
- Enter a passcode
- Block Facebook on Safari
- Tap Settings
- Choose Restrictions
- Enter the Restrictions'' passcode
- Select Limit Adult Content
- Enter the Facebook website's full URL
- Prevent Facebook App Installation
- Select the Settings icon
- Tap the Restrictions'' option
- Enter your Restrictions'' passcode
1 Block Safari
2 Tap the Settings icon
Tap the "Settings" icon on your iPad's home screen, then select "General."
3 Select Restrictions
Select "Restrictions," then tap "Enable Restrictions."
4 Enter a passcode
Enter a passcode in the Set Passcode box, then toggle the "Safari" switch in the Allow section to the off position. The Safari app is immediately removed from the iPad's Home screen.
5 Block Facebook on Safari
6 Tap Settings
Tap "Settings" on your iPad's home screen, then choose "General."
7 Choose Restrictions
Choose "Restrictions," then select "Enable Restrictions."
8 Enter the Restrictions'' passcode
Enter the "Restrictions" passcode, then tap "Websites" in the Allowed Content section.
9 Select Limit Adult Content
Select "Limit Adult Content," then tap "Add a Website" in the Never Allow section.
10 Enter the Facebook website's full URL
Enter the Facebook website's full URL, then tap "Done" to block access to Facebook through Safari.
11 Prevent Facebook App Installation
12 Select the Settings icon
Select the "Settings" icon on your iPad's Home screen, then tap "General."
13 Tap the Restrictions'' option
Tap the "Restrictions" option, then select "Enable Restrictions."
14 Enter your Restrictions'' passcode
Enter your "Restrictions" passcode, then toggle the "Installing Apps" switch in the Allow section to the off position to prevent the Facebook app installation.
- You will need to restore your iPad to factory settings if you forget your Restrictions passcode. If you don't factory-restore your iPad, you will not be able to make changes to the current Restrictions without the passcode.
- Information in this article applies to an iPad running iOS 7. Instructions may vary slightly or significantly with other versions.
- If you already have the Facebook app on your iPad, you can delete it to prevent access. Tap and hold the Facebook app until it starts shaking, then tap the "X" button to delete it.