How to Hide Badly Cut Bangs
Whether you were experimenting on your hair with friends, or suffered an unfortunate experience at the salon, bad bangs can totally happen to good people. Even though you might consider shaving your head, there are other, more feasible options available. Use a few tricks and buy some totally cute new accessories to conceal your bangs until they're more manageable.
- Decorative Barrette or Headband
- Bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb
- Insert a decorative barrette through your bangs
- Spray a light coating
- Side Sweep Uneven Bangs
- Bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb with a wide-tooth comb
- Spray a light coating of light-to-medium hold hairspray
- Allow the hairspray
- Bangs with a wide-tooth comb
- Grab your
- Secure your
- Wide-tooth comb
- Barrette or headband
- Light-to-medium hold hairspray
- Medium-tooth comb
- Bobby pin
1 Decorative Barrette or Headband
2 Bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb
Brush your bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb to remove any tangles. Grasp your bangs and pull them back or to the side, depending on the look you want to rock.
3 Insert a decorative barrette through your bangs
Insert a decorative barrette through your bangs, or keep them pushed back off your face with a decorative headband.
4 Spray a light coating
Spray a light coating of a light-to-medium hold hairspray over your bangs to keep them from falling out of the barrette or headband.
5 Side Sweep Uneven Bangs
6 Bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb with a wide-tooth comb
Comb your bangs forward with a wide-tooth comb to remove any tangles.
7 Spray a light coating of light-to-medium hold hairspray
Spray a light coating of light-to-medium hold hairspray on your bangs. Brush uneven bangs to whichever side is longer. For example, if your bangs are longer on the left than the right, brush them to the left.
8 Allow the hairspray
Allow the hairspray to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
10 Bangs with a wide-tooth comb
Brush through your bangs with a wide-tooth comb to get rid of any snarls.
11 Grab your
Grab your bangs with either hand and gently pull them back.
12 Secure your
Secure your bangs against your scalp with a bobby pin. If your bangs are several lengths, it might take two or three bobby pins to keep them in place.
- Never cut your bangs yourself or let a friend practice her amateur stylist skills on your hair.
- Speak to a stylist about a hairdo that will look amazing with your new bangs. For instance, if they're super short, try a new pixie haircut. If your bangs are uneven, ask the stylist to layer your hair to work with the bangs.