Transferring Purchased Games to My New Kindle
When you purchase a game for your Kindle, the purchase is saved to your Amazon Kindle account management dashboard. In fact, all items you purchase for your device can be accessed via the Archived Items folder. You can transfer purchased games and other content from your Amazon account using a wireless connection or the Kindle USB cable that connects the device to your computer. Once you transfer the games, the items display on the home screen.
- Wireless Transfer
- Connect the Kindle to your wireless network
- Tap the Archived Items icon in the Kindle home screen
- Tap the game to transfer
- USB Transfer
- Open a Web browser on the computer and log
- Click the Actions drop-down box next to the game
- Click Download Transfer
- Click the
- Click the Download ” option
- Save the file to your hard drive
- Connect the Kindle
- Open Windows File Explorer on the computer
- Drag and drop the game file
1 Wireless Transfer
2 Connect the Kindle to your wireless network
Connect the Kindle to your wireless network.
3 Tap the Archived Items icon in the Kindle home screen
Tap the “Archived Items” icon in the Kindle home screen. The Archived Items screen displays all items you have purchased and saved to your Amazon account.
4 Tap the game to transfer
Tap the game to transfer. The game is transferred to the Kindle, and the shortcut for the app is saved on the home screen.
5 USB Transfer
6 Open a Web browser on the computer and log
Open a Web browser on the computer and log in to the Manage Your Kindle dashboard (see Resources).
7 Click the Actions drop-down box next to the game
Click the “Actions” drop-down box next to the game to download to view the Action menu.
8 Click Download Transfer
Click the ”Download & Transfer via USB” option in the Actions menu.
9 Click the
Click the “Which Kindle Will You Transfer This To?” drop-down box, and then click the entry for your Kindle.
10 Click the Download ” option
Click the “Download” option. If you have not yet purchased the game, you will be prompted to add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
11 Save the file to your hard drive
Save the file to your hard drive by clicking the “Save” option when prompted.
12 Connect the Kindle
Connect the Kindle to a free USB port on your computer using the USB cable. The Kindle registers to your computer as a removable drive.
13 Open Windows File Explorer on the computer
Open Windows File Explorer on the computer, and then click the Kindle removable drive icon in the left panel. The Kindle file system opens.
14 Drag and drop the game file
Drag and drop the game file into the “Documents” folder on the Kindle. The game is now available from the Kindle home screen.
- Information provided in this article applies to the 2nd generation Kindle. Instructions may vary slightly or significantly for other models of the Kindle.
- Note that games are automatically pushed to your Kindle if your device is connected wirelessly to the Internet at the time of purchase.