If you are experiencing issues with your Pantech Element, such as black or blank screens, a hard reset will likely solve the problem. A hard reset installs a fresh version of the firmware and removes faulty apps. However, performing a hard reset also removes all of your data, apps, files, media, accounts and settings from the device. You can choose whether to delete files from your SD card during the hard reset process. If you are able to access the Settings menu, perform the preferred method to hard reset the device. Otherwise, use the alternate method if you cannot access the home screen.
Tap the “Settings” icon from the home screen of the Pantech Element tablet.
Tap the “Privacy” tab to open the Privacy screen.
Tap the “Factory Data Reset” option. A warning message displays.
Read the warning, and check the “Erase Internal Media Storage” check box if you would also like to delete all data on the SD card during the hard reset.
Tap the “Reset Tablet” option. A confirmation screen displays.
Tap “Erase Everything.” The device resets to its factory default settings.
Press and hold the “Power” button on the Pantech Element.
While holding down the “Power” button, press the “Volume Down” button. The Android logo displays on the screen.
Press the “Volume Down” button again to navigate to and highlight the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option. Press the “Power” key to select the option. A confirmation screen displays.
Press the “Volume Down” button to select “Yes - Delete All User Data.” Press the “Power” key to select this option. The tablet resets to its original factory settings. When finished, the “Reboot System Now” option is highlighted.
When the “Reboot System Now” option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to reboot the tablet. The tablet boots up with factory data restored.
- The hard reset is also known as a "factory data reset" or a "master reset."
- The hard reset may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- If you plan to sell or trade your tablet, a hard reset removes all sensitive information from the device at once.
- Be sure to back up any files saved to internal storage that you would like to keep before resetting the tablet.
- Information provided in this article applies to the Pantech Element tablet. Instructions may vary slightly or significantly for other Pantech devices.
- Sean Gallup/Getty Images News/Getty Images