School Spirit is a week-long annual event in many schools that is designed to generate unity, school enthusiasm, and creativity among students. It is common to have dress-up day as part of Spirit Week where students don simple costumes for the entire day. To dress up like a nerdy girl for School Spirit, simply take a trip to your nearest thrift store and acquire some cheap and easy accessories.
Tuck your shirt into your skirt, and clip on your suspenders. Pull your socks up as far as they will go, and put on your black flats. Ask someone to pin the "kick me" sign to your back.
Pop the prescription glass out of your nerdy classes, so you can see before putting them on. Part your hair down the middle and put your hair into pigtails.
Use the brown eyeliner to make three distinct freckles on each of check. Apply a bit of blush around the freckles, in a circle shape, to accent them. Carry a few books in your arms with you to school.
Things You Will Need
- White button down shirt (or V-neck)
- Pleated skirt (plaid or flowery print)
- Knee socks (white or mismatched)
- Black flats
- Hair ties
- Homemade "kick me" sign
- Safety pin
- Brown eyeliner
- Pink blush
- Some Halloween stores sell fake teeth. Purchase a buck-tooth or braces set of fake teeth to put your nerdy girl look over the top for School Spirit.
- Give yourself some additional time in the morning to properly assemble your outfit.
- Someone may try to kick you after seeing your sign. Be ready for it, or opt against using the sign if you are not in the mood to deal with it.
- Shauna Hundeby/Demand Media