How to Rock Converse
Converse sneakers are instantly identifiable. Whether high-tops or low-tops, gals -- and guys -- can mix up their Chucks with practically any everyday ensemble. Whether you borrow looks from your favorite Hollywood celebs or customize your own, rock your Converse style combos with confidence.
1 Gals and Their Classics
Girls can't go wrong wearing classic black or white Chucks. Dare to bare your legs in a black and white geometric-print dress, wide black belt and black low-tops for a downtown chic vibe. Or, don a floral-printed frock with white high-tops for a dainty look. Pair your classic chucks with a striped knit top and mini skirt for a chic casual ensemble or swap the skirt with skinny jeans for a laid-back Tomboy look.
2 Gals and Their Colors
Create a color splash by wearing neon yellow low-tops with white ultra-skinnies and a blue, white, and neon yellow colorblock T-shirt. Or, opt for celebrity street style in turquoise, fuchsia, or purple high-tops, a sequined blouson, and roll-cuff boyfriend jeans. For an alt-indie inspired look, switch out your jeans for daring cut-offs and star-patterned leggings. If you don't fancy solid Chucks with your ensemble, go for all-over dot, graffiti, and floral print pairs with eye-popping laces.
3 Guys and Their Classics
Guys can dress to impress by wearing designer-edition Chucks with leather finishes, often in brown or black. Pair these classics with a fitted blazer in black or brown, a neutral T-shirt, and slim-fit jeans or relaxed stone-washed khakis. For a casual weekend outfit, opt for a wool-blend varsity jacket, a white thermal henley, and stone-washed jeans.
4 Pattern to the People
Just like the gals, guys can go for patterned Chucks. Create a skateboard vibe with checkerboard-patterned Converse slip-ons, a waist-length white T-shirt, fitted hoodie, and skinny black jeans. Or, be a weekend-warrior in a plaid pair of chucks, a light gray V-neck T-shirt, charcoal gray jeans, and a black leather bomber.
5 Custom Kicks
Both guys and gals can share their love of this footwear icon and express their personal style by customizing their Chucks at Converse.com, which offers both design-your-own and graphic edition options. Whether you choose to mix patterns and solid colors or create an all-over printed sneaker, you can exercise your fashion free will with an individualized pair.
- 1 Huffington Post: 37 Stars Who Love Their Converse Sneakers
- 2 Hollywood Life: Wearing Converse Sneakers With Dresses -- Is It Super Cool For Summer Or Strictly Out Of Style?
- 3 College Fashion: History Of The Trend -- Converse Sneakers
- 4 Huffington Post: 6 Totally Different Ways To Wear Converse All-Stars
- 5 Who What Wear: 14 New Ways To Wear Your Old Converse Sneakers
- 6 Converse: Make It Your Own
- 7 Teen Vogue: What to Wear With Converse Sneakers
- 8 Upscale Hype: Hugh Jackman In Converse By John Varvatos Pro Leather Sneakers
- 9 Upscale Hype: Ben Affleck In Converse By John Varvatos Pro Leather Sneakers