How to Cover Up Hair Bumps on Your Legs Using Makeup
While giving your legs a close shave offers up long-lasting smoothness, it also increases your risk of enduring ingrown hairs. These hairs, which grow to the side instead of straight out, appear in the form of red bumps. This can prove irritating if it's not exactly tights and pants season, but there is a solution. Give your gams the same attention as you would your face by using makeup. You may find yourself wanting to recreate the even-toned results even on your smoother days.
Pour a tablespoon of body moisturizer into your hand. Opt for a lightweight, oil-free formula for long-lasting results.
Pour two drops of body foundation into the moisturizer. Use a high-coverage foundation that matches the natural tone of your legs.
Rub your hands together to combine the moisturizer and foundation.
Smooth the mixture over your legs, covering all exposed areas. This will even the overall tone of your legs while concealing any bumps.
Dip a small, dense-bristled eyeliner brush in some thick concealer that matches the tone of your legs. A lighter shade will highlight the spot.
Gently dab the concealer onto any bumps that are still noticeable.
Dip a large powder brush in translucent setting powder. Tap the brush on the edge of the powder's container to remove excess product.
Press the powder brush gently onto the bumps to set the makeup. Avoid sweeping the brush, as this can remove concealer and foundation.
- To avoid hair bumps, use a thick layer of shaving cream and a sharp razor when shaving. Shave in the direction of hair growth without tugging at your skin, and avoid going over the same area twice to prevent irritation. Pat your legs dry with a cool, damp cloth afterwards, and massage a soothing glycolic acid based moisturizer into your skin.
- Work an exfoliating scrub into your legs once a week, and rinse to remove dead skin cells and bring ingrown hairs to the surface.
- 1 Allure: Bumped and Bruised? How to Cover Summer Scrapes Quick
- 2 Marie Claire: Christina Hendricks Beauty Tips
- 3 Oprah: How to Conceal Skin Imperfections - Quick Beauty Fixes
- 4 Lauren Conrad: Primp Tip: The Smart Girl's Guide to Shaving
- 5 Elle:Beauty Chat: Noemi Grupenmager on Scoring Smooth Legs for Spring