How to Cancel a Change of Address With the Post Office

Titled book lot in shelf.jpg

If you have completed a change-of-address form to have your mail forwarded, you may cancel that request and have delivery of mail to your preferred address restored by visiting a walk-in office of the U.S. Postal Service or by visiting the USPS website.

1 Cancel a Change-of-Address Form Online

2 Go

Go to the official change-of-address page on the USPS website.

3 Enter the zip code

Enter the zip code that you typed in when initiating the change of address with the Postal Service.

4 Enter the confirmation code

Enter the confirmation code that you received via email after your change of address was processed by the website.

5 Select Submit

Select "Submit" and you will be redirected to a page with several change-of-address options.

6 Select the option

Select the option to cancel your change-of-address order and submit your request.

7 Cancel a Change-of-Address In Person

8 Go to your local branch office of the Postal Service to your local branch office of the Postal Service

Go to your local branch office of the Postal Service.

9 Inform a Postal Service worker

Inform a Postal Service worker of your cancellation request.

10 Present your confirmation code

Present your confirmation code mailed or emailed to you after your change-of-address form was processed. If you don't have the confirmation code you may be required to show identification.

Si Kingston has been an online content contributor since 2004, with work appearing on websites such as MadeMan. She is a professional screenwriter and young-adult novelist and was awarded the Marion-Hood Boesworth Award for Young Fiction in 2008. Kingston holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from Mills College.