Spotify has changed the interface in a few ways with the latest release. Users now "follow" other accounts and playlists, rather than “subscribe,” as with previous versions. The Activities panel in the right sidebar of the Spotify desktop application displays a timeline of the most recent activity of the accounts and playlists you follow. However, you can access a list of those you follow, as well as those who are following you, from your account profile. You can also view what your friends are listening to on Spotify from Facebook, if your accounts are linked.
Open Spotify and log in with your username and password.
Click your avatar in the upper right corner of the Spotify desktop application, then click “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
Click the “Following” tab to view all the accounts you currently follow. You can also click “Followers” to see a list of your followers.
Click the username or avatar for one of your friends or followers to view his published playlists and a short list of the artists he has been listening to recently.
- You can also view what your friends are listening to on the Activity panel. Your activity timeline lists the most recent activity of the accounts and playlists you follow.
- If you connect your Facebook account with your Spotify account, your Facebook friends who use Spotify are automatically added as Spotify friends in the Spotify client.
- To connect your Facebook and Spotify accounts, log in to Spotify, then click “File.” Click “Connect to Facebook,” then click the “Log In with Facebook” icon. Type your Facebook username and password, then click “Sign In.” Your Spotify and Facebook accounts are now linked, and you'll be able to see updates on what your friends are listening to in your Facebook Live Feed.
- Note that your friends can also see what you are listening to. If you would like to listen to a track or playlist privately, activate a Private Session by clicking your name in the upper right corner of the Spotify player, then clicking “Private Session.”
- Todd Warnock/Digital Vision/Getty Images