How to Compress Your Tumblr Pictures Together
Tumblr supports linking to and uploading photos in Photo and Text posts. However, when you use the Photo post type, you can insert as many as 10 photos in one post. If you want to compress your photos so that they appear as a specific size in the Photo post, you must resize the photo in an image editing application, such as Windows Paint. Upload the resized images to the Photo post form, then drag and drop the pictures to arrange the photos in the form.
- Resize Images
- Open the first image to resize in Windows Paint
- Click the Image tab in the top navigation ribbon
- Click the Percentage ” radio button
- Click the Maintain Aspect Ratio check box
- Click OK
- Repeat for each photo to resize
- Tumblr Photo Post
- Log in to your Tumblr dashboard
- Drag and drop photos
- Drag and drop the photos
- Click the Post icon
1 Resize Images
2 Open the first image to resize in Windows Paint
Open the first image to resize in Windows Paint.
3 Click the Image tab in the top navigation ribbon
Click the “Image” tab in the top navigation ribbon to open the Resize and Scale dialog box.
4 Click the Percentage ” radio button
Click the “Percentage” radio button, then enter a smaller percentage value for the Horizontal and Vertical fields. You can also click the “Pixels” radio button, then specify the number of pixels for the width and height of the image.
5 Click the Maintain Aspect Ratio check box
Click the “Maintain Aspect Ratio” check box to ensure the photo retains the original look of the images.
6 Click OK
Click “OK.” The photo is resized to the specified size.
7 Repeat for each photo to resize
Repeat for each photo to resize.
8 Tumblr Photo Post
9 Log in to your Tumblr dashboard
Log in to your Tumblr dashboard, then click the “Photo” icon to open a New Photo Post form.
10 Drag and drop photos
Drag and drop photos into the center of the post to upload images from your computer. You can also click the “Choose Up to 10 Photos" icon in the center of the post form to open the file selection dialog box. Browse to the image file, then click “Open” to upload each photo.
11 Drag and drop the photos
Drag and drop the photos in the New Photo Post form to rearrange and organize the display.
12 Click the Post icon
Click the “Post” icon to publish the photo post.
- The total file size for all of your photos must not exceed 10 MB for one photo post.
- Animated GIFS are limited to 1MB on the Tumblr platform. Animated GIFs must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide.
- Tumblr supports JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF images.
- To add a caption to your photos, hover over the image in the New Photo Post form, then click the conversation bubble to open the Caption dialog box. Type a caption, then click “Set Caption.”