Gentle scrubbing sloughs off dead, dull, flaky skin cells and revs up circulation, revealing smooth, soft, sexy legs and thighs. Often neglected until warm weather rolls around, the skin on the legs takes a beating, thanks to exposure to sunlight, changes in humidity and temperature, and friction caused by constant rubbing of clothing. To keep the skin on your legs and thighs in top condition year-round, scrub several times every week, especially during dry weather.
Lather your thighs generously with a moisturizing cleanser. If you like, add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil to your cleanser for an invigorating treatment.
Moisten a mesh puff or loofah, then scrub your lathered thighs for one or two minutes on each leg. Use small, circular motions and moderate pressure.
Rinse the lather from your legs with warm water, then pat them dry with a soft towel.
Apply a rich moisturizing lotion or cream. Massage the product into your thighs for one or two minutes.
- ['Moisturizing cleanser or gentle scrub', 'Peppermint essential oil (optional)', 'Mesh puff or loofah', 'Soft towel', 'Moisturizing cream or lotion']
If you shave your thighs, scrub before shaving to soften the skin, make shaving more effective and prevent skin irritation.
Fill the tub with warm water, then toss in a small handful of sea salt crystals. A soak in the warm water detoxifies the skin cells and brightens the skin.
To prevent growth of bacteria, wash your mesh puff or loofah and hang it to air dry after each use.
- Natural Foot Care: Herbal Treatments, Massage, and Exercises for Healthy Feet; Stephanie L. Tourles
- Great Legs!: Every Girl's Guide to Healthy, Sexy, Strong Legs; Jane Merril
- Shortcuts to Sexy Legs and Butt; Cheryl Fenton
- Cosmopolitan: Smooth, Sexy Legs: 5 Simple Steps
- Secret Model Beauty: Taken Off The Set By An Experienced Professional Model; Lindsey Lockwood
- 3M: See How it Works
- Goodshoot/Goodshoot/Getty Images