How to Clean Sweaty Fitted Hats
If your clothes are an extension of yourself, a sweaty hat doesn't sent the right message. Giving your fitted cap a proper cleaning while maintaining its structure can be a challenge. Popular advice suggests tossing it in the dishwasher or washing machine, but the end result can be a shrunken hat that will make you feel like you dropped the ball. However, a good scrub under running water can be all it takes to remove the stains left behind by a long day.
- Mild laundry or dishwashing detergent
1 Hand Washing
2 Run warm water in the sink
Run warm water in the sink.
3 Rub the hat's with a soapy cloth
Gently rub the hat's sweat stains with a soapy cloth.
4 Rinse off the cap
Rinse off the cap with cool water to remove all the soap.
5 Air dry the hat
Air dry the hat.
6 Soak in the Sink
7 Fill up the sink
Fill up the sink with a mixture of cool water and mild laundry or dish washing detergent.
8 Submerge your hat in the sink for 10 seconds
Submerge your hat in the sink for 10 seconds.
9 Rinse off your cap with cool water
Rinse off your cap with cool water.
10 Use a towel
Use a towel to absorb the excess water by rolling the hat slowly up and down the towel.
11 Dry it off as much as possible
Dry it off as much as possible, and then wear your hat until it is completely dry so it keeps the correct form.
- Check the cleaning instructions on your hat's tag before washing it.
- Submerging your hat in water can alter the its shape and size, so try hand washing first.
- Do not use bleach or products that contain bleach alternative, because these can stain your hat.
- Do not wash your hat in the dishwasher or washing machine -- the hot water can shrink the size of your cap.
- Drying your hat in the dryer under high heat can also shrink your hat.
- You can use a wool detergent if your fitted cap is made of wool.