The first time you glide some eyeliner across your lower lash lids, you'll have an eye-opening experience. Wearing even the slightest amount can brighten your eyes and make your face appear fresh and awake. The easiest way to apply eyeliner is on the lower lids right over the lashes.
Look in the mirror. Tilt your chin down and position your eyes upward.
Place the eyeliner pencil at the inner corner of the lower lash. Position it right on top of the lashes.
Line the lashes starting at the inside, and move across until your lashes stop at the outer corner. Press a little harder and glide the liner all the way across for a little drama. If you want a more subtle look, use light pressure with small strokes. You can also extend the liner a little beyond the eye corner for a flirty feel.
Dip a cotton swab in eye makeup remover. Eliminate any eyeliner that has smudged or is out of place.
Dust a little sheer powder underneath the liner. This is to ensure it doesn't run when your face gets oily or you tear up.
Things You Will Need
- Eyeliner pencil
- Eye makeup remover
- Cotton swab
- Loose powder
- Medium-sized makeup brush
- Light a match and quickly put the fire to the liner tip for less than a second. This softens a hardened liner and makes it glide easier on the skin.
- Pale-skinned women look best in brown shades; darker skin looks good wearing black.
- Line your inner rims with a peach hue for extra highlights.
- Line the lower lashes with liquid eyeliner for the ultimate dramatic look.
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images