You don't need to know HTML or use Tumblr's HTML editor to insert an image into one of your blog posts. Even if you choose to create a text post instead of an image post, you can insert pictures into the post when you write it. Furthermore, you can insert images into older posts by just editing them. Images are displayed as thumbnails in text boxes, but your readers can view them full size by clicking them.
Log in to your Tumblr account and click the "Aa" button to create a new text post.
Type or paste the text into the box and then place the insertion cursor at the point where you want to insert the image.
Click the "Upload Image" button in the toolbox at the top of the text box to open the File Upload window. The Upload Image button has a camera with a small plus sign on it.
Select the image you want to insert into the text box using the built-in file browser and then click "Open" to insert it.
Click the "Post" button to post the text, along with the image, on your blog.
- To add images to older posts, click the gear icon in the lower-right corner of the post and choose "Edit" from the menu. Insert the images using the "Upload Image" button.
- The photo must not be larger than 10MB. Image size must not exceed 500 by 750 pixels. Furthermore, the pictures must be in JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP format.
- Animated GIFs must be smaller than one megabyte and their width must not exceed 500 pixels.
- Tumblr does not support CMYK or other non-RGB color models.
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images