Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is when a soldier and his family change from one duty station to another. A PCS is unavoidable in the military lifestyle and families usually adjust to frequent relocations after the first few. During the PCS process, a soldier will need to provide copies of his PCS orders to others for different reasons. These reasons could be to end a lease that contains a military clause or to terminate services such as phone and electric service.

Go to the Army Knowledge Online (AKO) website and log in with either your CAC card or login and password for AKO, if using a non-government computer or home computer.

Click on the "Assignment Satisfaction Key" (ASK)) link. This will then open another window.

Look for the "On Assignment" link and click on it. Here, you will find a copy of the orders and information showing the location and report date.

Print copies of your orders. Copies of your orders will be needed for several situations. For example, if you are renting and have a military clause in your lease, you will have to provide your landlord with a copy of your order to properly release you from further rental obligations.

Items you will need

  • Army Knowledge Online (AKO) account

  • Internet access


  • Always keep at least 10 copies of your PCS orders with your important documents so you can have them on hand when needed.


  • If you do not have an AKO account, you will be denied access and will not be able to obtain your orders.