Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School offers students the opportunity to obtain a high school diploma in as little as 30 days. Since 1994 this school has granted nontraditional students the opportunity to earn a diploma from the comfort of home. Cornerstone holds a private accreditation through the Accrediting Commission International. However, this accreditation is not accepted by most state colleges, universities and career schools. Consider your career goals prior to paying for this diploma, because this college is considered by many to be a diploma mill. Employers and schools that accept this diploma may require additional testing to prove competence.
Complete the one-page enrollment application. Errors on your application could delay your receiving the testing materials.
Obtain a cashier's check or money order for $85, payable to Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
Complete a withdrawal form and submit it to the high school you previously attended, if you are under 20 years old. The high school must then complete a verification of withdrawal form. This form is used by students who dropped out of high school and wish to receive general education development (GED) or other nontraditional degrees.
Submit your application along with a photocopy of your driver's license or birth certificate, your cashier's check or money order and your verification of withdrawal form. Mail your application to Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School, 15938 US Highway 17, Townsend, Georgia 31331.
Take the diploma test when you receive it from Cornerstone. You must first find someone, such as a friend, relative or teacher, to monitor your taking of the test. He must then sign a form certifying that he monitored the test. The diploma test covers language arts, mathematics, social studies, science and writing.
Complete each test with a grade of 70 percent or higher to receive your diploma. The school will mail out study guides for any tests you fail. You can retake all failed tests until a passing grade is achieved.
Things You Will Need
- Cashier's check or money order
- Test moderator
- Proof of withdrawal form
- You must be must be at least 17 years old to receive a Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School diploma.
- Applicants who do not meet the age requirement will lose any application fees and will be unable to take the diploma test.
- Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School applicants cannot have attended traditional school for at least three months prior to application
- Applicants must have attended some ninth grade classes.
- Many organizations, employers and institutions of higher learning will not accept a diploma obtained from Cornerstone Christian Correspondence School.
- Research the requirements of each school or company to ensure the diploma is acceptable.
- No refunds are given for application fees paid.
- Jack Hollingsworth/Photodisc/Getty Images